Leaning In During COVID-19
A NOTE FROM SARAH
The Unique Benefits
Eliminating the need for travel, for participants and speaker alike, has two advantages.
- Reduced costs. Without travel, speaking fees and other expenses decrease.
- Simplified scheduling. Eliminating travel time means Sarah’s calendar can accommodate different times of day and year than her full-time teaching schedule typically would allow. Be creative about what works best for your audience.
Events that would be infeasible in-person can be both effective and relatively easy online.
- Gather larger or wider-ranging audiences. Online events can more easily involve audiences from different states or countries, learners from multiple institutions, students studying remotely on-campus or off, or far-flung alumni and donors.
- Consider a series of events or a full “day of learning.” Spread learning opportunities across a day, a semester, or the year. Involve groups of colleagues, student organizations, or college classes. Break up big topics into manageable portions, allow participants time to read and/or reflect between offerings, or encourage select participants to return for follow-up events that dig deeper in a more intimate online setting.
- Explore new formats. Schedule seminars, facilitated discussions, lectures with Q&A, or online film screenings with break-out groups. Or consider something more informal; convene breakfast or lunch meetings, virtual coffee, or happy hours. Sarah is happy to help brainstorm format and venue (Zoom, Google Meet, etc.) for your purposes and to remain after any event for extended discussion with interested parties.
The best part about considering an online event is perhaps the flexibility, in practice.
- Keep open the option for an in-person visit. If an on-site event remains ideal for your organization, let’s consider that possibility and arrange for a backup plan involving on-site livestreaming of a physically distanced few and larger online audience or a fully-remote alternative.
Make an Inquiry
Meet or Hear from Sarah at One of These Events